7.7.06

Why else would I be up at 3:30AM?

I feel like I'm back in high school. We just got back from seeing the midnight viewing of Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest (Shannon and I took tomorrow off mainly so we could do this then sleep in). I'll admit, I wasn't expecting much. I thought the first movie was highly entertaining, and that this one would be silly and fun, but lacking in substance. Seeing as the movie was over 2 and 1/2 hours long and I wouldn't have minded it going another hour, I'd say it was pretty compelling after all. I was totally hooked, and Johnny Depp, even with a festering wound on his chin, was totally stunning.



I kept catching myself thinking that if this movie were shown after, say, Creature of the Black Lagoon (1954), the audience would have run screaming the effects were so amazing. My favorite parts of the movie involved the crew of the Flying Dutchman, including Bill Nighy as the captain, Davey Jones.



Oh, yeah - Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom were in it, too. Ms Knightly was looking dangerously similar to BrittanySpearsJessicaSimpsonJLo in a few shots on the Black Pearl, but you be the judge:





I HIGHLY recommend this movie. It will remind you of all the things you loved about the movies when you were a kid - action, adventure, a great plot, excellent music, heroes, villians, and lots and lots of disgusting giant squid guts. (Johnny Depp manages to continue to look hot while covered in monster mucus, BTW).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'd be all jealous about Jo's comments regarding Johnny Depp if a) I didn't agree with them and b) I weren't utterly confident in my assessment of how hot Jo would find me if _I_ were covered in disgusting giant squid guts.

BTW, at the risk of being a total pig (oink, oink), allow me some sympathy for Kiera Knightly-Spears-Simpson-Lo: the woman isn't exactly the most busty gal on the planet, so ask yourself (I'm assuming you're going to see the movie - it really is good) how hard they must have squished/pushed/propped up certain regions of her anatomy in order to achieve the look they were after when we first meet her character.

Rev Transit said...

I had a blind date one time with a guy who looked like Davey Jones.