14.2.07

25 Lines? Okay!, Umm, Maybe Not the FIRST Lines...and, like, Maybe Not In Any Particular Order....

Do I need an excuse to upload a creepy picture of Danny Elfman and Oingo Boingo?
Must I remind you AGAIN that this is MY blog? MINEMINEMINEMINE!!!?
Good. I'm glad we sorted that out.


From The Peepster's Blog:

Step 1: Put your media player on random
Step 2: Post the first line(s) of the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from
.

Well, I didn't do any of these! HA! But I DID choose 25 songs IN MY HEAD and wrote down a RANDOM LINE from each of them. Should be just as embarrassing! What a fun exercise!

See how many you can guess:


1. Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

2. This is the strangest life I've ever known

3. The proof is in the band
4. I would bury you alive but you might come back with a knife

5. She asked me if I'd beat her. I took her back to Hyatt House....I don't want to talk about it.
6. I hope the Smoking Man's in this one!
7. Some day mother will die and I'll get the money

8. Look mummy! There's an airplane up in the sky!
9. With fingernails that shine like justice

10. All the nightmares came today

11. I thank the lord there are people out there like you

12. That's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit

13. No plastic money any more

14. I'm talking to a tight red sweater, feeling like Eddie Vedder

15. You can act real rude and totally removed and I can act like an imbecile

16. Who on earth do you think you are? A superstar? Well right you are!

17. Whatsammaterwitt-choo, Boy?

18. A million years of evolution, we get Danny Quail

19. Then you'll see the glass hidden in the grass

20. Cannot find the candle of thought to light your name

21. Arrest this girl her Hitler hairdo is making me feel ill

22. Let me drown in your laughter

23. We live in a beautiful world
24. Little old lady got mutilated late last night

25. Sweetness, I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed

6 comments:

Shannon said...

3) is Off Broadway, "Bully Bully"
4) Scissor Sisters
6) They Might Be Giants or that other band I get them confused with.
7) They Might be Giants - "I palendrome"
8) Pink Floyd
12) Queen
13) Falco - "Rock Me Amedeus"

OrangeMoJoJo said...

6 - nope! Not TMBG, but I can understand the confuzzlement.

Shannon said...

Okay, then it's that other one...you know, the Canadian band...Barenaked Ladies!

OrangeMoJoJo said...

(in a Brain-like voice): YES!

evandebacle said...

I believe 8 is "Goodbye Blue Sky."

OrangeMoJoJo said...

'tis. Between you and Shannon, #8 is solved. #1 is the catchiest song since "HEY-YA!!!"