21.2.07

Memento homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris.

Here's a list of everything I've given up for Lent this year starting this morning (after gorging myself on half a large calabrese pizza from Apart Pizza Company and Dinkels' AWESOME raspberry paczkis last night):

fried foods,
white bread,
mayo,
chocolate with the exception of the occasional mocha,
cheese,
desserts,
whatever I define as "junk food," or in a nutshell:
anything with flavor.

World's coolest statue.
He lives at the Art Institute, but I don't know his name.

I also plan to increase my donations, and to find a place where I can do some volunteer work. Unfortunately, RVA's training sessions are starting tonight (mandatory orientation was on 2/7-2/8), so I can't FINALLY renew my crisis counselling certification this time 'round - something I've been wanting to do for about 3 years now. Hopefully I'll be more on the ball this summer. My one consolation is they usually have a plethora of northsiders eager to volunteer - it's the south side that could use some help.

I'd like to find volunteer work where I'd actually be working with people. Although I know there are many MANY organizations that require volunteers, I have no idea where to start.

On Easter, which marks the end of Lent, I plan to wear this shirt proudly:

C'mon! Do you really think there'd be a problem with the number of Catholics dropping off if the Church handed these out on Easter Sunday?

No comments: