15.2.07

Newest Culinary Craze

Mutated purple potatoes:

These are potatoes bred from seeds that had mutated while being carried aboard a Chinese spacecraft. Call my palate "pedestrian," but I'd rather have my spuds imported from Idaho rather than from a galaxy far, far away....Maybe I just watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers one too many times as a kid, or I took The X-Files way too seriously.

Foodies everywhere are going nuts for these things, apparently. I just think they'd make my mashed taters look weird.

3 comments:

evandebacle said...

Never fear. You can still get earthbound purple potatoes.

http://www.milkranch.com/Potato/GardenData.aspx?Var=PP

Of course, they are from the Andes, where aliens have long been suspected of communing with the Inca.

Shannon said...

God intended the pototo to be potato-colored.

Mu said...

Don't mess with my spuds. Clearly this is a communist plot. "Mutated." Yeah - right. They clearly mess with my precious bodily fluids...