9.2.07

What I'm Listening To Right Now


Danny Elfman!

Edward Scissorhands is coming to a theater near you!

Ahem, that's the stage kind, not the movie kind.

Matthew Bourne has brought Tim Burton's gothic fairy tale to the stage in a new
ballet, or, as Bourne calls it, "play without words." The wonderful music Danny Elfman had written for the movie will be used for the ballet, which in itself insures I'll go see it if it makes it to Chicago.

Edward Scissorhands.....Ballet.....Edward Scissorhands....Ballet.....I'm having a hard time figuring out how he's going to catch Kim during one of those flying leaps, unless they've got a whole stockpile of Kims lined up. Maybe that's why there are so few tour dates thus far..... I'm listening to the site right now. I love most of Elfman's soundtracks, but Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Beetlejuice (his rendition of Harry Belafonte's "Banana Boat Song" is a GREAT tune to run to!) are my faves.
"I AM the Pumpkin King!"

1 comment:

julie@edwardscissorhandstour.com said...

You might want to check out the Website for the North American tour at http://www.edwardscissorhandstour.com as it has links to video of the show plus tour dates and more.