16.2.07

Without Further Ado


I think I may do one of these every week even if it amuses no one but me! This was fun!

Here are the answers to the random lines I posted a coupla-too-tree days ago. And let me just say how disappointed I am in each and every one of you for not knowing #15.
I hope as pennance it plays in your head nonstop throughout the weekend.

1. Even your emotions have an echo in so much space - Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy"
2. This is the strangest life I've ever known - The Doors, "Waiting for the Sun"
3. The proof is in the band
- Off Broadway, "Bully, Bully"
4. I would bury you alive but you might come back with a knife
- Scissors Sisters, "I Can't Decide"
5. She asked me if I'd beat her. I took her back to Hyatt House....I don't want to talk about it. - Warren Zevon, "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me"
6. I hope the Smoking Man's in this one! - Barenaked Ladies, "Pinch Me"
7. Some day mother will die and I'll get the money - They Might Be Giants, "I, Palindrome"

8. Look mummy! There's an airplane up in the sky!
- Pink Floyd, "Goodbye, Blue Sky"
9. With fingernails that shine like justice
- Cake, "Short Skirt, Long Jacket"
10. All the nightmares came today
- David Bowie, "Oh, You Pretty Things!"
11. I thank the lord there are people out there like you
- Elton John, "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters"
12. That's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
- Queen, "Don't Stop Me Now"
13. No plastic money any more
- Falco, "Rock Me Amadeus"
14. I'm talking to a tight red sweater, feeling like Eddie Vedder
- John Hiatt, "Little Head"
15. You can act real rude and totally removed and I can act like an imbecile
- Men Without Hats, "Safety Dance"
16. Who on earth do you think you are? A superstar? Well right you are!
- John Lennon, "Instant Karma"
17. Whatsammaterwitt-choo, Boy?
- The Rolling Stones, "Miss You"
18. A million years of evolution, we get Danny Quail
. - Oingo Boingo, "Insanity"
19. Then you'll see the glass hidden in the grass
- Morrissey, "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself"
20. Cannot find the candle of thought to light your name
- Pearl Jam, "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town"
21. Arrest this girl her Hitler hairdo is making me feel ill
- Radiohead, "Karma Police"
22. Let me drown in your laughter - John Denver, "Annie's Song"

23. We live in a beautiful world
- Coldplay, "Don't Panic"
24. Little old lady got mutilated late last night
- Warren Zevon, "Werewolves of London"
25. Sweetness, I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
- Morrissey, "Bigmouth Strikes Again"

6 comments:

Rev Transit said...

I knew several of the lines, but I was refusing to play because you strayed so far away from the rules of the meme.

Although, I have to admit that I think this is a better game if you use the first 20 songs on your media player according to play count.

OrangeMoJoJo said...

"I knew several of the lines, but I was refusing to play because you strayed so far away from the rules of the meme."

Likely excuse! I had more fun thinking of some of my favorite lines, and I RARELY listen to 25 songs in a row on my iPod, so I made my own game. Reminded me of how I kept a book of quotes when I was in high school/early college. I ended up with 7 books by the time I gave it up (mainly because I'd transcribed 90% of Holy Grail and Spinal Tap). Many of the quotes I put in my entry were in those books, and you'll see more in the future, whether you like it or not. (o:

Shannon said...

" I was refusing to play"

I hope you were joking there, Rev. The concept of "rules" on a blog game...well, c'mon.

Rev Transit said...

Games have rules. If you don't observe the rules of a game, you might as well call it a life simulation.

Shannon said...

"If you don't observe the rules of a game, you might as well call it a life simulation."

Huh. What does that even mean?

Alright - so Jo was playing a (slightly) different game. It was a variation on a theme She admits as much. You couldn't play along? Seems a bit stick-in-the-muddish.

Rev Transit said...

There were only three freakin' rules? She can't follow three simple freakin' rules? How hard is that?

And how can it be a meme if you go off on a tangent?