Crazy Redheads! Sting (left) can sure give Elfman (above) a run for his money when it comes to looking creepy-ass crazy!
Thanks to Shannon, Peepster and Mugsy for guessing! And thanks to Rev for playing even though I was in total disregard of da rulz of da meme. I still don't know what "meme" means, and I refuse to look it up. Sounds too much like "mame," and I'm not a big fan of the coelacanth. I'd rather have me a nice John Dory at Carlos'.
The John Dory I ate at Carlos' - after shot.
But I digress.
Once again, without further ado, I give you the songs the lyrics I posted a few weeks ago came from.
1. Hey there mighty brontosaurus, have you got a lesson for us? - The Police, "Walking in your Footsteps"
2. And his face which was a paper-white mask of evil sang us this song - They Might Be Giants, "Turn Around"
3. I'm going to Wichita - The White Stripes, "Seven Nation Army" (That one was for you Chuffed!)
4. Just put me in a wheelchair and put me on a plane - The Ramones, "I Wanna Be Sedated"
5. You're such a silly woman - Harry Nilsson, "The Coconut Song" (There's a Nilsson song I actually know, Rev!)
6. Kemosabe, you can kiss my ass I bought a boat I'm going off to sea - Lyle Lovett, "If I Had a Boat"
7. I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me - Pearl Jam, "Wish List"
8. I'm a new day rising - Foo Fighters, "Times Like These"
9. We have the same intrigue as a court of kings - Yes, "Leave It" (was I the only one who listened to the LP 90125 until there were grooves worn on this song?...I was afraid of that.)
10. Chicken's in the bread pan picking at dough - Charlie Daniels Band, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
11. I think that God's got a sick sense of humor and when I die I expect to find him laughing - Depeche Mode, "Blasphemous Rumours" (they're English, so I get to spell "rumours" funny. Oh, look! I did it again!)
12. I see you've sent my letters back and my LP records and they're all scratched - The Police, "I Can't Stand Losing You" (I didn't realize I'd had two Police songs on this Random Lyrics post! Good catch, Peepster!)
13. If you take away our rocket fuel we're gonna escape in cars - Off Broadway, "Bad Indication" (c'mon you Chicagoans and Mainers related to the lead singer of Off Broadway! I know you knew this one!)
14. Nothing matters but the weekend from a Tuesday point of view - The Kings, "Switching To Glide" (widely recognized song, yet noone remembers who sings it....)
15. You're an acid junkie college flunkie dirty rotten daddy bastard - Scissors Sisters, "Filthy, Gorgeous"
16. She smiled and said "forgive me" as she let go of my hand - Better than Ezrz, "Recognize"
17. Your head is firmly lodged way up your butt where it belongs - Oingo Boingo, "Imposter" (obligatory Boingo quote.)
18. No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women, no fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark - The Vapours, "Turning Japanese"
19. She could kill you with the wink of an eye - Sweet, "Ballroom Blitz"
20. She's filing her nails while they're dragging the lake - Elvis Costello, "Detectives"
21. Dr. Heckyll is his own little guinea pig because they all think he's mad - Men at Work, "Dr. Heckyll and Mr. Jive" (It's A Mistake is actually my favorite Men at Work song, Peepster!)
22. He could get away with murder one and you would clean the smoking gun - Barenaked Ladies, "Off the Hook" (Keanu fans will recognize this from Sweet November)
23. I'm as happy as Christmas - Collective Soul, "Better Now" (this song is now a jingle for a casino. At least I get to hear a bit of it every day on my way to work!)
24. Where the demons dwell and the banshees live and they do live well - Spinal Tap, "Stonehenge" (It goes to 11.)
25. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their worlds are immune to your consultations they're quite aware of what they're going through. - Bowie, baby. Bowie. "Changes"