18.5.07

Catwalker

No, this entry is not a new book by Tony Hillerman, although Skinwalkers did begin with Jimmy Chee being awakened by his cat.

This picture was taken in Central Park on Sunday, May 6, 2007 (sorry for the blurriness!):

The black fuzzy blob at right is, indeed, a cat on a leash.

The cat's owner saw me taking pictures and chatted with us for a few minutes. Turns out his kitty had been terrified of being brought outside at first, but, though she's still shy, she now loves exploring her surroundings. The bush she's heading for had some of the prettiest-smelling flowers I've ever encountered.

I totally want to train Bu to go on walks with me!

Bu's response? She locked herself in the ferret cage and sat on Umberto, trying to trick me into believing she was a ferret. It took me a few days, but I caught on, by gory!

Central Paaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!rk

Central Park is one of the most brilliant city plans ever. Located in the heart of Manhattan, it's a HUGE expanse of green full or trees and baseball diamonds - even a zoo! - that feels miles away from the city (though you can ALWAYS hear the traffic, no matter where you are!) I was disappointed not to spot any uniformed au pairs while we were there. The last time I went they were all over the park. It was kind of surreal. Talk about living in different worlds!

Daugher of multimillionaire upper-ease-side parents being taught physics in Central Park:


My high school physics instructors:


Contrary to popular belief, I didn't find New Yorkers rude at all. Hurried, yes. Abrupt, maybe, and what's with the CONSTANT HONKING??, but not rude. It could be all of the training I've gotten RaNDMing for hours on end with Shannon, but I found it easy to keep pace with them. They are a fast-walking people! I even outpaced some - especially the businesswomen in 4" heels (businesswomen in heels < 4" outpaced me easily), and gaggles of giggling girls, yeegads!! Their ceaseless hyper-chatter gave me incentive to move my butt. "OMG!!! YOU KNOW THE WORST PICKUP LINE I'VE EVER HEAR????" "OMG! WHAT???" "OMG!!!! HE SAID.." "OMG, I BET THE WORST ONE I'VE EVER HEARD IS WAY WORSE!!!!" "OMG, NO WAY!!! SO ANYWAY, HE SAID, LIKE" "OMG! IS THIS THE SAME GUY WHO WAS WEARING THAT GROSS SHIRT???!!!" *gigglegigglegiggle!!!* "OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REMEMBER THAT!!! SO HE SAID" "OMG, HE WAS CUTE UNTIL HE OPENED HIS MOUTH!!!" "OMG, RIGHT???"

Shoot me. It took me four blocks to lose them, and I never did hear the "worst pickup line EVER!!!!"

I totally want to get one of these for Bu, now, in orange, of course!

I don't know if they make strollers big enough for Bu - she's about two of this cat.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

The idea of walking Bou is...um...interesting. Kind of like the idea of giving Bou a bath. heh. Large cat + water = bad idea.

;)

Rev Transit said...

Maybe a cat would like that cat stroller; maybe not.

But it would be useful for taking Minnie to the vet.