23.7.07

Who Spotted the Prophecy in Book One? Show of Hands....


I haven't picked up the last book in the Harry Potter series, book 7, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but I will read it eventually. I'm currently re-reading book 1, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and will re-read all of the other books before reading the latest and last one. Just my way of drawing out the end, I guess.

It's funny how words take on a new meaning if you re-read them. Who knew the popularity and controversy, the madding crowd draws at book releases, the costume look-a-likes, movie viewings in the hundreds of millions back when lucky page 13 (paperback) of the very first book was written:

(spoken by Professor McGonagall) "He'll be famous - a legend - I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter day in the future - there will be books written about Harry - every child in our world will know his name!"

Harry Potter Day was cancelled, incidentally, by headteacher Paul Martin, known to his students as "VoldyMartin," due to the controversy part I alluded to up top.

1 comment:

Butternugget said...

Oo! Oh! I did! I did! I wont say anymore because I'm afraid I'll spill the beans.