3.8.07

Rev's Mistaken In His Thinking

Rev, I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy the movie Sunshine. It's a fantastic film - very thought provoking.


The sun is dying. 8 astronauts are sent up in the Icarus 2 to deliver a payload in the form of a bomb the size of Manhattan in a final attempt to re-start the and hopeful
ly save the inhabitants of the Earth. If they don't succeed, the Earth dies. If they do succeed, but the sun doesn't restart, the Earth dies. It's a huge gamble, but the only chance the human race has.



One attempt to reignite the sun has been made before, but that ship, Icarus I, disappeared before the crew could deliver the payload.



The director, Danny Boyle, is the same one who gave us 28 Days Later and Trainspotting - two other very intense, amazing character studies. His grasp of human nature and the effects of stress on personality is uncanny, to say the least.



If there is one movie I'd recommend this summer, it's Sunshine.


2 comments:

Rev Transit said...

Jo, what I hear you saying (in this post) is that the movie is stupid, but the star is kinda cute (for a white guy).

Butternugget said...

I can't quite decide if Cillian is strangely hot, or strangely creepy...or both. I loved him in Breakfast on Pluto, so charming, yet heartbreaking.

Anyway...Sunshine. I liked it, not as much as I had hoped I would (considering Boyle's other work) but I would recommend it.

And if any of you who have seen Sunshine have also seen Firefly and/or Serenity lets talk.