3.8.07

You Can Run, Lobstah, But You Can't Hide!

Looks like a big "thumbs up!" to me!
...Glad we're not going to Florida.


OrangeBlog will be very very quiet this next week as we'll be in MAINE!!!

Itinerary:
  1. Eat lobstah roll
  2. Finish rereading book 4 and reread books 5 and 6 of Harry Pottah
  3. Eat lobstah
  4. Hike Old Speck
  5. Eat lobstah-encrusted lobstah
  6. Shop at at least 7 L.L. Bean outlets
  7. Eat lobstah over lobstah cakes
  8. Swim in the pond
  9. Sip a refreshing lobstah shake
  10. Listen to the loons (of the avian, Buttress, and 'rental variety)
  11. Munch on lobstah crackers dipped in lobstah dip
  12. Have nightmares of running out of butter worthy of a Stephen King short story about a scary scary monstah
  13. Eat lobstah smothered in lobstah sauce with a side of lobstah
I may even make lobstah cookies!

"....may substitute 2 pounds lobstah chunks for chocolate chips, if desired."

WARNING!! Though you may find it adorable, oh dwellers of Maine, to dress your kids or pets as lobstahs, I beg you not to do so until after we leave on the 11th. I cannot be held responsible if all you can find of little Timmy or Mr. Dinkels is a pipe-cleaner antenna sitting in a pool of butter.

Mr Dinkels may be safe - he's a little on the thin side

Hello, Timmy! *droooooooooooool*

While you're at it, you'd better take precautions keep yourself safe from Shannon's maw, too!


John Linnell of They Might Be Giants song, Maine, has going through my head all morning. I've attached the lyrics below so you can sing along:

Relaxing on my hands and knees
Relaxing on my face
Reclining in the bear trap of its tender, warm embrace
Glazed with coniferous green
Glazed with excitement and dread
Exhausted from oversleep
Awake but still in bed
Shaving razor's rusty but the sting brings you exactly back to

Maine
Is the world that went south
Maine
Is a punch in the mouth
Maine at the top of the chart
Has crushed my evil heart

Maine
Is the devil you know
Maine
Is the heaven below
Maine
At the top of the chart
Has crushed my evil heart

I love you anyway (I love you anyway)
I promise there's no other state (there's no other state)
But only if you stay away (but only if you leave)
And leave me to my ugly state (me to my ugly state)

And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you aren't

Maine
Is the world that went south
Maine
Is a punch in the mouth
Maine
At the top of the chart
Has crushed my evil heart

Maine
Is the poison you love
Maine
Is the hell from above
Maine
At the top of the chart
Has crushed my evil heart

3 comments:

Butternugget said...

Sounds perfect, have a great time. At least one day see if you can eat lobstah at every meal, and then reward yourself for doing so with a midnight snack of lobstah.

Rev Transit said...

You wouldn't have to "listen to the loons" if you stopped vacationing with your husband and y'all's no-account friends.

Shannon said...

Funny - I usually get the impression I'm not listened to...or if I am, it gets interpreted as "Yes, Honey, I agree completely. Here's something shiny and orange!"