10.9.07

Overheard on the Elevator


Two very nicely, professionally dressed women got on the elevator with me on the ground floor. I was coming from the Diet Coke machine, they were coming from the VIP parking garage. I nodded knowingly at key points throughout this conversation, pondering my Diet Coke bottle:

Woman in blue: "Some people have all the luck."
Woman in red: "I think it's brains."

[pause]

Woman in blue: "Actually, I think it's passion."
Woman in red: "YES!! Yes! Quite!"
Woman in blue: "Yes yes yes. Passion."

[pause]

Woman in red: "....But brains don't hurt."

[pause]

Woman in blue: "No, no, they don't."



So which is it? Brains, luck or passion?

10 comments:

Rev Transit said...

Would "breast size" fall under luck? I thought that's what women attributed success to.

OrangeMoJoJo said...

No, no no! That's what men attribute other men's success to.
But if it WERE breast size they were talking about, that would certainly explain Blue Shirt's dismissing it as "luck." Red Shirt was far, far luckier in the boob department.

Rev Transit said...

Ah! I'm going to go with subtext as a key component of this discussion.

Mu said...

I think it is being passionate about being lucky enough to have brains.

Or is it being passionate about being brainy enough to get lucky? I might go with the Rev on the subtext.

Shannon said...

Was someone talking about boobs?

orangeguru said...

Conversations like these ... and people ask me why stopped dating woman.

Rev Transit said...

Orangeguru has a cool blog. It looks like Dieter is in Munich and shares Orangemojo's passion for a certain color.

Although, really, I doubt that a wish for better conversation was why he stopped dating women.

OrangeMoJoJo said...

Boobs aside, I'm still wondering if it's brains, luck, or passion?

The OrangeGuru was offline for FAR too long. I'm glad you're back, Dieter!

Shannon said...

Egad - if Dieter is German, his English puts my German to absolute shame...

orangeguru said...

Thanks for your kind words.

Orange somehow works for me ... always ... except for talks about relationships ... and boobs ...