22.10.07

Once Again, It's Not the Terrorists Who Scare Me...


...it's the most powerful man in the free world.

“So I’ve told people that, if you’re interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing [Iran] from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon.”

-Shrubbie, Wednesday, October 17

In the words of Richard Belzer - who needs terrorists?

I'm not scared of terrorists. For serious. If they want to get me, there's not a damned thing I can do about it, so why worry? I'll worry more about the North Shore SUV-driving bimbos who plow through the PetSmart parking lot on the wrong side of the road while babbling on their cell phones, only avoiding 20 accidents apiece because everyone in a car smaller than a Navigator has been pushed onto the sidewalk, thank you very much.

Come to think of it, I have no idea where the pedestrians are... Probably using the sewers.

I also worry about our most opinionated ass of a mouthpiece spewing shit like "a new crusade" and now "world war III." I think a little less ignorant, idiotic spew and a little more open conversation would be a damned good thing.

The USA lives IN the world, not despite it.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Not to shoot fish in a barrel, but I'll point out that Iran already HAS the knowledge to make a nuke. Heck, the knowledge to make one is easy to come by (I'm sure there are sites online that describe the process) - it's getting the equipment and such that's hard.

What the Shrub mean, naturally, is that we should prevent Iran from acquiring nukes (not the knowledge to make 'em). How that's to be done, of course, is a totally different matter...