29.11.07

My Camera's Died and Gone to Heaven!


Or, maybe it's just out of power. But the timing was perfect! I'd just taken 4 pictures of a LOT of ORANGE! Our offices are virtually glowing orange today! I'm so excited I can't stop putting exclamation points at the ends of every! Single! Sentence! WOW!


I arrived at work to find myself smack in the center of a veritable sea of orange packing crates! Dozens upon dozens of towers of them! I rode up the elevator with at least 50 of them. They didn't talk much, but the silence was companionable. We're moving to a new building next week and the company that supplied us with the crates uses orange crates! My coworkers are thrilled for me. Linda even took a couple of pictures of me posing happily among the 200 crates piled in the small committee room as soon as I walked in this morning. This move already proves to be SO much more pleasant than the pharmacy board move was - they used blue and green crates.

Needless to say it's been a pleasure working and packing today. I'm trying not to think about the unpleasantness that will ensue once the moving company wants their crates back from me after the move - it'll be pretty traumatic. Maybe I should take that day off. Until then, however, I'm going to enjoy having everyone store their extra crates in my office. I only wish I could paint the wall I face this shade of orange - it's really cheering!

No comments: