10.4.08

Hillary Reaches Across the Pond for Support

Now, don't get me wrong: I think Elton John is fabulous. "Song for Guy" and "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" are two of my favorite songs EVER.

So there's just one problem with Hillary Clinton choosing him to star in her fundraiser last night:

He's not a citizen of the US. Oh, sure, he says he'd vote for her if he WERE an American citizen, but at the end of the day, he can't. Because he's not.

It sends the message that of the myriad American celebrities, Hillary Clinton can't get a single one of them to book a date for a guaranteed sell-out at Radio City Music Hall.

Clinton's been making some really bizarre moves, and this is just the latest. My confidence in her is waning. I had been very torn between her and Obama until quite recently, to be honest - they're both quite capable. I'd have been happier with either of them if they'd legitimately won the nomination....

...but now I really just want Colin Powell and Dennis Kucinich.

Update, for clarification: How about Dean/Kucinich for the Democrats and Powell/Collins (Senator: ME) for the Republicans?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

"I'd have been happier with either of them if they'd legitimately won the nomination...."

Nothing illegit has happened (yet), though - it's a close race, is all, and, yes, while it will require the super-delegates to choose the winner, that's not necessarily a sign of an illigit. nomination.

I'm also not a big Powell fan. How about Dean-Kucinich?

And while I'm being mean and disagreeing with my perfect wife, I have to kick a puppy. 'scuse me...

OrangeMoJoJo said...

As long as you're not kicking a kitten, we're still on speaking terms.

Dean/Kucinich would be seriously awesome.