11.4.08

My Favorite Peter Segal Moment EVER

I'm a huge fan of NPR's weekly news quiz, "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!" and love to listen to them on the way to work via Podcasts, which explains why I didn't hear last Sunday's show until Wednesday's homeward commute. I always laugh out loud when listening to the show - especially when Paula Poundstone is on - but nothing so far has made me laugh as hard as this exchange during "Lightning Fill In The Blank:"

Peter Segal:
"A British Star Wars fan who calls himself 'Jedi Master Jonba Hehol' was attacked in his own backyard by a blank.

Tom Bodett:
A stormtrooper.

Peter Segal:
Close! He was attacked by a guy dressed as Darth Vader.

Tom Bodett:
Oh! That's right. But I think I get a 'ding.' He's actually a stormtrooper.... What? He's got the helmet, and...Oh, all right."

Peter Segal:
.....Darth Vader....Was a fallen Jedi.... whereas stormtroopers.... are clones. It's not. the. same.

1 comment:

Mu said...

That WAS an awesome moment!