25.5.08

OrangeGirls for Obama!


Now, I can't say I've been sympathizing too much with Clinton the past few months. With her negative campaign ads, her refusal to disclose anything about herself but the fact that she has "more experience;" not to mention (again) her outright lies (Note to self: remember who was in the plane with you when you claim you arrived at the party under "sniper fire"), I just want her to either A) start supporting Obama and help him by turning her focus FROM ATTACKING HER OWN PARTY MEMBER to attacking McCain or B) Go. Away. I don't know, maybe she's waiting for her own approval rating to fall below Bush's or something.

Anyhoositz, here's this latest:

"My husband (Bill Clinton) did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California," she told a South Dakota newspaper's editorial board.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Did she really. Just mention. The Bobby Kennedy assassination???

I have decidedly stepped from "slightly annoyed" at Hillary to "thoroughly disgusted." I do realize that you can say some pretty ignorant things when you're stressed, but this takes the cake.

On the subject of character, even more telling was Obama's response:

"I have learned that when you are campaigning for as many months as Sen. Clinton and I have been campaigning," he told the Puerto Rico radio station Isla, "sometimes you get careless in terms of the statements that you make. And I think that is what happened here."

That's the kinda level-headed grace I want in a president. Though my Kucinich bumper sticker will stay on my Honda until I either get a new car (the Yaris is totally calling my name!) or repaint HedgeWitch ORANGE!!!, I'd be lying if I said I thought of Obama as any sort of second. I just want to write this out loud, because until recently I would have been quite satisfied with either Obama or Clinton:

I'd proud and honored to have Obama represent me as President of the US.

And so would OrangeGirl. If she lived in the US.


6 comments:

Orange Girl said...

Ommigod that's me!!! Since getting the Obama t-shirt for Christmas as a momento of our first Christmas spent in the States I've worn it a few times in little NZ and am usually met with favourable responses ... as long as no-one wants to engage in political commentary with me! Nothing like what goes on in the lead up to your elections happens with our elections here - I *think* we're to elect a new Prime Minister this year but 6 months out and you'd hardly know it ... well not in my world anyway.

Shannon said...

Um, Orange Girl...tha's a big-ass TV. When CNN announced that Obama took South Carolina, you didn't need to see the entire state in life-size. ;)

Orange Girl said...

Ha ha! The Mister is very proud that you noticed the size of his TV! Size matters in the office too as he's just got a Mac Pro with a 30" cinema HD display ... ah, he told me to say that ... :-)

Shannon said...

Oh YEAH? MY office Mac Pro has 8 cores...how many cores does The MISTER have? ;)

OrangeMoJoJo said...

*laugh!* Alright you two! Am I going to have to virtually separate you??

I'm glad you didn't mind me using your pic, OrangeGirl! (o:

Orange girl said...

8 as well apparently ...