12.6.08

Study Shows Video Game Addicts are NOT Shy Nerds


I think we have two separate studies here. You don't have to be shy to be a nerd; you can be a nerd without being shy.

Let's just say...I have a certain "inept" (though he may be expert by now! It's been a few days.) Dance Dance Revolution!! player in mind here. Not shy (he posted his DDR moves on his blog!): definitely a nerd (he posted his DDR moves on his blog!) I'd like to add a "serious guts" category (he posted his DDR moves on his blog!)

Then there's this kid who's not shy, more of a jerk than a nerd, and could probably be categorized under several chapters of the DSM IV-TR (warning: swearing in the translation, though I was only able to watch about 15 seconds anyway - the kid is so toxic my stress level rose about 75 points almost immediately. Come to think of it, i don't know why I posted this other than it falls so totally under the heading of: "..Whoa.").



Though looking at that video now, I imagine it's not far off from how I felt behind the wheel during rush hour last night. OMG, were any of you driving southeast last night from 4:30 on?? WHAT WAS GOING ON?!?! It took me 2 and a half HOURS to get home. From NORTHBROOK. 13 MILES. AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! And me with no iPod. Oh, sure, the replacement PodFreq had arrived before I left work, but I'd forgotten my iPod at home. Oh! Did I mention? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

"Oh, sure, the replacement PodFreq had arrived before I left work, but I'd forgotten my iPod at home. "

Speaking of non-shy nerds... ;)

evandebacle said...

Intellivision!

Shannon said...

I was always jealous of the kids who had Intellivision...

OrangeMoJoJo said...

Good eye, Evan!

Growing up we had a "tech race" with our next door neighbors. We got Pong, they got Atari. We got Intellivision, they got ColecoVision. I did end up getting a Nintendo for myself a few years later, but I never envied them their ColecoVision (though I HAD envied their Atari! Space Invaders!! Pitfall!). I thought we had the better product with the Intellivision, though we did wear through a TON of those plastic slip pads!

Mu said...

Pitfall was a *fantastic* game. I'd STILL play it!

Mu said...

By the way, the DDR guy you know sounds super cool.