14.8.08

Double Dang!

First Netflix goes and gets all screwed up so we won't get The Five Doctors in time for our trip to Ohio (sorry, Mu!), now the U.S. is refusing to allow Montelpulciano (my favorite "flavor") into the country.

So what am I supposed to drown my sorrows in now??? Guinness?? Oh, wait....

Actually, my spirits (minus those of the Montelpulciano variety) are very, very good. My birthday week was kicked off with an ORANGE!!! card from OrangeGirl on Tuesday; my family took my mom and me (note that grammar check, Shannon!) out to Tiki Terrace in Des Plaines for our birthdays where we got to eat some seriously awesome food served by one of the best waitresses I've ever had while watching the Olympics (GO PHELPS!!!!); I found out a couple of hours ago that my car isn't going to cost nearly as much to fix as I'd feared (Thank you Oscar, Joe and Carlos!!!); we're headed to Ohio tonight with Rev to see Mu and Mere, Great Big Sea and a minor league baseball game; and we're coming home with FERRETS!!

The energy of this song by Great Big Sea pretty much sums up my mood right now:

1 comment:

kellypaul said...

A belated happy birthday to you from your goddaughter! I was out of town until yesterday, so that will be my excuse. Hope you had a great day!!

XXOO,

Kelly, Paul and Sammy