11.8.08

Piper vs. Tennant

Promo poster for Hamlet, for Mere

Soooooooooooo, Tennant agrees to three seasons of Dr. Who and receives critical acclaim for his (leading) role in Hamlet at Stratford-Upon-Avon; while Billie Piper leaves Dr. Who after just over a season and ends up playing a prostitute on Showtime.

Considering these choices, which one holds the more promising future as a serious actor.....Hmmmmm.....



Methinks Piper should have reconsidered and stayed on as Rose until she'd established herself a bit more and was offered at least a role in a 24 or Lost-type series. I really liked her on Dr. Who and was bummed she left the show. I might have checked in with her once in a while, you know, to see how she was doing - if that series didn't have "puhLEASE!!!" written all over it.

While we're on the subject of Billie Piper, can anyone please explain to me WHY she is wearing HALF THE MAKEUP as a call girl than she was as "Rose" in Dr. Who?? I'd SWEAR they kept putting mascara on her week after week WITHOUT REMOVING THE PREVIOUS WEEK'S APPLICATION.

Piper as "Belle"


Piper as "Rose"

2 comments:

Rev Transit said...

Rose worked in a shop. She probably got a discount on the make-up.

Butternugget said...

I like think (hope?) they chaved her up to push her council housing back-ground.

Have you watched the show? It's kind of amusing, but I think eight episodes was probably enough. By the end you get the idea.

Billie was also a good five months pregnant by the end of filming for season two so I will be curious to see how they worked around that. |

She may have realized her move may not have been the smartest "Someone said the other day, rather viciously, ‘What A-list stars get their t**s out?’and then I started thinking, ‘Oh, my God, what have I done? I’ve ruined my future career.’"