25.9.08

Why Should the Debates Start Tomorrow Regardless of the Economic Crisis?

"It is going to be part of the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once. It's more important than ever to present ourselves to the American people."

-Obama

That pretty much sums up my thinking on this issue. We're going to have a new PRESIDENT in 40 days, not a new top model, not a new Survivor, not a new Best in Show beagle - a new president. A new most powerful person in the world. Somebody who's going to have things coming at him from every which way every day. I think the candidates should be able to prove they can handle stuff - like a debate while the mortgage crisis is being handled. I want to hear the candidates debate issues like, oh, I don't know,...maybe....Oh! I know! THE ECONOMY! Which McCain claimed a few months ago he knows nothing about. So, no, I really don't want him taking another week or so off to "help," unless he's learned something, which he can prove to us tomorrow! There's already a debate all conveniently set up!



I want him to hear him present what he knows. He's had ENOUGH time. Good LORD! He could have started preparing unencumbered when Obama and Clinton were fighting it out! He had MONTHS to prepare!

More Obama:

"It's my belief that this is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person who in approximately 40 days will be responsible for dealing with this mess. And I think that it is -- it is going to be part of the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once. I think there's no reason why we can't be constructive in helping to solve this problem and also tell the American people what we believe and where we stand and where we want to take the country.

"So in my mind, actually, it's more important than ever that we present ourselves to the American people and try to describe where we want to take the country and where we want to take the economy, as well as dealing with some of the issues of foreign policy that were initially the subject of the debate."

4 comments:

evandebacle said...

Also, I have nothing going on tomorrow night, so my plan was totally to watch the debate and sip peaty scotch.

Shannon said...

I made that very point (that the Pres has to deal with more than one thing at a time) to the Debaclyptic on on the train this morning.

There is no reason to skip the debate.

OrangeMoJoJo said...

McCain is NOT president and hopefully never will be

If this were March, maybe, but it's a month before the election. He's gotta let us hear him at some point!

Peaty Scotch goes well with grilled cheese!

evandebacle said...

"Peaty Scotch goes well with grilled cheese!"

Rrrrreeeeaalllllyyy. I think we have a pairing.