30.10.08

Now, I'm No Expert...


Archeologists report unearthing the oldest Hebrew text ever found.

"The Bible says David, later to become the famed Jewish king, killed Goliath, a Philistine warrior, in a battle in the Valley of Elah, now the site of wineries and an Israeli satellite station."

Now, I'm no expert, but if any part of the text found on that pottery translates to the words "satellite station," I'm pretty sure you're dealing with a fake. Or maybe the text was written by Nostradamus?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Well, "satellite" does have the word "El" (God) in it. "Sat" probably comes from "sate" (to be full) and "lite" is marketing for "light". So the proper translation is either "God, full of light" or "God, on a diet". The theological implications are staggering...

"I didn't want to start Armageddon, but I was so jonesing for a pint of B&J that I wasn't really in control of myself."