18.3.09

JoTivation


I have been a total lump about getting my butt to the gym or out the door for a run, and I think I know why. I haven't had the proper motivation. Sure, while some may want to work out to get in shape (mine is currently "pear, Bartlett"), run further (than the 1/2 block I can do currently without collapsing), lose weight (No, I am NOT telling you. Let's just say, I'm going to complete a virtual pilgrimage to Santiago, and I was originally going to start at the French border, but somehow, since October, I've found myself a little further east. Like, somewhere outside of Kyoto.), fit back into that cute skirt they wore in high school (or, for me, that cute skirt I wore last week); I require a different form of motivation, which may, at this point, be pretty obvious:

The opportunity for supreme self deprecation.

Expect your first installment of my "progress" tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

OrangeMoJoJo said...

just got back from gym. can barely lift arms to type. ouch.

Shannon said...

If you can lift your arms at all, then we need to make sure you work out even harder!

To quote Monk, "You'll thank me later."

OrangeMoJoJo said...

I'm actually doing fine now! I'd exhausted them last night at the gym, but they've recovered nicely.

I didn't work on my legs at all, so tomorrow should be fun.