20.3.09

Love, Light, and Blessings to All! So Mote It Be.

Happy Spring Equinox!



It's too early for The Cars, but today I have to remove two of my favorite songs from my playlist because of their wintry themes.

"Snow (Hey, Oh!)" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers:



And my favorite song of 2008: "White Winter Hymnal" by Fleet Foxes:



Such a catchy little song, and so strange and oddly morbid! A perfect JoSong.

"I was following the pack all swallowed in their coats
With scarves of red tied 'round their throats
To keep their little heads from fallin' in the snow
And I turned 'round and there you go
And, Michael, you would fall
And turn the white snow red as strawberries in summertime"


I'm going to miss both of these songs dearly, but removing them from my playlist is a small reminder that the days will be getting longer and warmer soon. YAY!! Besides, returning them to my playlist in November will give me something to look forward when another Chicago winter looms!

No comments: