19.3.09

Mixed Feelings about Repo! The Genetic Opera!


Shannon and I watched Repo! The Genetic Opera! a couple of weeks ago, and since then half of me wants to say "SKIP THIS!!" because the story borders on lame, the acting is "meh," the songs are trite, and the lyrics are stupid....

....but the other half of me wants to say "SEE THIS!" because I want to discuss how "we could have done a MUCH better job!," I loved the dark, gothic feel of the whole thing, and most importantly,

the more people who see it will know who Blind Mag is so I can go as her for Halloween.





*sigh!* I can't in good faith tell you to pop this film in your Netflix queue. I guess I'll either have to go as Blind Mag and risk nobody knowing who I am, or go as a cult favorite from a film that achieved true cultitude on it's own merit, thus inspiring "near miss" knock-offs like Repo!:


2 comments:

Mu said...

Hmmm. Plunging neckline or transvestite? I know which one Shannon will be pulling for...

(Why does that still sound vague to me?)

OrangeMoJoJo said...

I was actually thinking Magenta - the "maid" on the left.

I only wish I had a better picture of Blind Mag's eyes. SOOOOO COOOOOOOL!!!!