1.5.09

EEW!! (aka, Eat a Sammich!!)

Now I obsess about my weight as much as the next guy, but if you EVER see my thighs are smaller in circumference than my calves:

That one in the middle, ironically, puts me off my lunch. Freaking GROSS.

....force-feed me a burger. Or any other tasty, fat-laden sammich!

I've blogged about this before, but really, when are marketers going to learn to dress real women in their clothes as opposed to these stick bugs? And why is it that businesses who are selling us these images are still in business? It's really disturbing. I mean, if the camera adds 20 pounds....*shudder.*

I love that the stick bug in the middle was apparently too large to squeeze into the blazer they chose for her too, btw. Nice touch. Apparently, she's just too fat to wear their clothes. Seeing as I probably weigh 30 pounds more than the three of them combined....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somethings never change. The same look that they had in the 90's. A wind can blow them away. You right when are they goin to learn.

Naomi Jane said...

Amen, JoJo. That is a DISGUSTING picture. The "Bottom Line" is WHO the heck would ever want to look like that?! No thank you! Now pass my that burger and fries...

Claire Just Claire Like Cher said...

Okay, amen to all of that, and on a totally separate and very orange thread of conversation...OMG you would LOVE to be in Amsterdam on Queen's Day. We coincidentally were there when we went to Holland for the anniversary to cycle around tulips and windmills and all (and, of course, get in some Amsterdam greatness as always). And it is ORANGE EVERYWHERE, ev-er-y-where. More than ever. And it's a big party all over the streets and people selling stuff outside their houses like a perpetual fun and odd flea market, and boats going down the canals with music playing and concerts and did I mention ORANGE EVERYWHERE. Thought of you constantly with a big ol' smile. Hope you guys are well and rocking, missing you and SO looking forward to seeing you at, thematically enough, excellent upcoming wedding festivities! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Too funny, I be wants a samich right now!
Werewolf Boy