11.6.09

Feeling (Out) Minnesota

I haven't really thought of a good blog entry to go on "Pustules" and "Pirates." But I will. Some day. I still owe Shannon one on "Rain" and "Odd Pet Names" as well. The list grows.....

But there are several people and situations in the news of late who bring to mind pustules festering on the ass of society: murdering neo-nazi skinhead thugs; terrorist murderers of medical surgeons who perform abortions,.... Let's just say I guess it's a good thing that I'm not in charge. Although that's debatable. I'd save the government a LOT of money. So, yeah! The word "pustules" has definitely been a lot on my mind, and I haven't forgotten that I owe you an entry inspired by that word.

Anyhoodles, before I overboil with impotent hatred for these..... "people," coupled with dreamy visions of becoming a REALLY creative vigilante, I'm going to change the subject to what's been on my mind this morning. Maybe you can help me out:

Soooooo, Al Franken was awarded about $95,000 in legal fees, which suggests to me that he won the case, right? He's now the senator of Minnesota, right? He won the senate seat?

But he hasn't been seated? Waiwaiwaiwai-what? He won the case. The court ruled that he won. He had 312 more votes than the other guy, you know, the one who lost. They awarded Franken money because he proved that he won. Why isn't he being seated RIGHT NOW??? I realize it's only been since NOVEMBER, what's another, say, year, but come ON!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Because the court hasn't ruled on the case yet, despite ordering the payment of Franken's legal fees.

Even when they do rule on the case (and in Franken's favor), if they don't order the governor to certify the election, the process could drag on and on. My hope is that people start to resent Coleman and the Republicans for basically screwing over the people of Minnesota (who have now been under-represented for months) for political purposes.

OrangeMoJoJo said...

Maybe it could be suggested to the people of Minnesota that maybe they just don't need that "extra" seat, and it should just be taken away? That might set things in motion...

Is this totally unprecedented? How could this happen? I mean, if a governor doesn't like a senator can he/she just refuse to recognize them? This is just insane.

Anonymous said...

Review the 17 amendment in the bill of rights and article 1, section 1:1-2 in the constitution. Which describe the governor role in choosing a senators. And review the rules of the election rules about "chads" and miss votes. Minnesota is have the same problems as Florida in what counts as a vote. :)